Increasing Fruit & Vegetable Consumer Demand & Value
Did you know that improving the consumer acceptance of your fresh produce by as little as 10% can boost consumer demand by 24% or more and even increase the price?
We can help you improve the repeat purchasing and returns for your produce by ensuring your crop quality and taste consistently delights consumers, right from the start of the season.
This model sums up what we have helped multiple fresh produce companies and industries achieve through our crop quality work. Research backs this up with mounting evidence that consumers buy more branded produce when they know it will consistently taste good.
We have a proven track record of helping primary sector breeders, industries and businesses increase consumer demand for their produce. We do this by combining our extensive experience in crop quality assurance with robust science and data analytics to help our customers predict the consumer acceptance of their crops before harvest and optimise quality throughout their entire supply chain.
Our recent wins include helping the unregulated New Zealand citrus industry increase the consumer acceptability of Navel Oranges from 67% to 96% in one season, and helping significantly increase the consumer demand and prices for Australian table grapes.
Our key services include:
- Predicting harvest
- Optimising and predicting crop quality and taste
- Predicting consumer liking
- Breeding for optimum taste
- Monitoring crop quality – on-farm, retail and export - with easily interpreted real-time feedback
- Setting national crop quality standards to achieve desired consumer liking criteria
- Developing crop sampling protocols, custom-designed to suit the specific crop variety and growing system
- Developing clearance criteria
- Determining fruit property measurements for properties such as colour, firmness and taste
- Managing variability
- Reducing quality-related crop losses
- Interpreting orchard data
- Managing horticulture crop quality improvement R&D projects
- Assuring consistent quality across multiple growing locations.